Saturday, May 2, 2015

pain, pain, pain

I've been a little out of it these days.  Last weekend this pain started in my left side.  It reminded me of times when my right side would be in pain because of tumors.  I've been battling it all week, trying not to overtake my pain medication so in case this doesn't end, I don't run out.  It's been an amazingly hard week, and I would say I've never been in so much pain before, but that would be a lie.  I can remember times when I would be in so much pain I literally couldn't move.  This pain, although excruciating, isn't as bad as it could be.  There's a heaviness, stretchiness, stiffness, pulling, in my left side.  I'm hoping it's just that I did too much last weekend, and my body just isn't what it used to be.  I have had many issues there and maybe it's all come together.

Or it could be this tumor we found on my ultrasound this week.  No knowledge if it is benign or cancerous but possibly it could be sitting on a nerve or something.  I don't know.  I just pray it goes away, real soon.  My house is a wreck, worse then normal, and I had gotten it looking good.  I haven't been able to use my left arm all week and I'm left handed.  I hate being a whiny baby but life is just different when you are in so much pain you can't think straight.  So, that's my week.  Well part of it.

Like I said, I had testing this week.  Ultrasounds, CT Scans, and I was supposed to have a PET scan, which is a big part of watching my progress or no progress of my treatment. 

My previous post I told you about how my diabetes has gone out of control.  I have been put on medication for it but it hasn't gotten low enough.  Up until this point in my diabetes life, it wasn't high enough to take medication.  Suddenly it sky rocketed and so I've been on the medication trying to get it level.  Prepping for the PET Scan includes eating a high protein meal the night before with no carbs.  I followed the diet, and in the morning my sugar was 210.  High but low for what it had been.  So you would think that five hours later with no eating or drinking except water, it would be lower.  My sugar was 259.  The PET Scan uses glucose to indicate metabolic activity and uses that to explore the possibility of metastasis.  With the high sugar, it just won't work.  Normally the CT Scans are taken at the same time.  Because of my high allergy to the Iodine Contrast used in the CT Scans to highlight the cancer, my scans aren't the best quality.  So who knows if we will be able to find out anything about my cancer.  But if we do, it happens this Tuesday. 

If my cancer has continued to grow while on this chemo I have been on, then we head back to Houston for further analysis on my treatment plan.  So things have been off lately.  I've been off lately.  I just pray everything is okay and I won't have to change chemo's.  I'm tolerating this one better than I have others.  It's just a waiting game for us right now.

That's it for now folks!

xo
Shannon

 

No comments:

Post a Comment