Tuesday, June 30, 2015

a vomiting type of week

First things first:  NO MORE HEART FAILURE!!!!

Today was chemo day.  Yet again, I went and let them pump poison in me for five whole minutes (yep that's how long the chemo I'm on takes, awesome right?).  I appreciated the nausea meds they pumped into me before that, especially once I got nauseous and had to take a second dose of nausea meds.  Seriously, how nauseated would I have been if I hadn't gotten pumped full of nausea meds.  This time we weren't even home yet before I started feeling sick.  We had done our weekly (well two weeks on, one week off) routine of going out to eat after chemo.  Normally not a problem.  Today it wasn't either, just we took longer than normal I guess.

My mom has been out of town for a week now and my Dad has stepped in as chauffeur.  He has been taking me to all my doctor appointments, grocery trips, and whatever else Shannon needs to do's.  Not always with a huge smile on his face but nonetheless funny as hell.  The funny part is usually when he gets angry.  At the drivers, at the people walking, at the drivers, at the traffic lights, at me for wanting to go to the store at all.  You know, the usual, but normally he is surprisingly pleasant to be around.  Yep I said surprisingly.  Mostly because our history has us butting heads and screaming at each other for the most part.  But we have found we have a shared passion.  A passion for eating lunch.  Haha or just for eating.  So instead of just the weekly lunch, I've been getting a "every time we are out" lunch.  Yay for those kinds!  Hint Hint Mom.

I have been thoroughly enjoying it and am hoping mom is having a blast and ends up staying later than planned.  Just kidding Mom, we miss you here.

Today Madisyn came back from Miami, where she was visiting Casey.  Well she got back this morning, enough time to be invited to come eat with us after my doctor's appointment.  Yay!  Madisyn hadn't come with me in so long to chemo.  Not that it's a fun "let's go there!" type of place but it's fun for me to have her with me.  I'm fairly positive she does not feel the same way.  She will be fifteen in August and I know she would rather be anywhere but at mom's chemo but she is her mother's daughter.  Can't turn down a free meal.  I trained her well.  We've learned this very well through these years.

So today we chose to go venture out onto Government to Yvette Marie's located at Circa 1857.  I enjoyed my veggie muffuletta.  It was delicious. Roasted peppers, fresh water mozzarella, grilled eggplant, artichoke, heart of palm, and a homemade basil pesto with kalamata olives.  So good. As a side I got a small sensation salad.  It was so good.  Garnished with candied pecans, blue cheese, and a yummy tomato.  The food isn't heavy and you don't leave wishing you hadn't eaten so much, well I guess you could if you chose to, just saying the food is lite and some of the better around here.

As we were driving home dad came up with the fantastic idea to stop into Whole Foods and hit the gelato bar.  Wrong! They don't have it anymore!  Whatever!  We did grab some cherries that are on sale right now, but we still left upset lol.  Well so that brought us driving by Dearmen's and we swerved into there for some milk shakes.  By this time I didn't know it but my chemo was sneaking horribleness into my stomach.  We ordered our milk shakes, mine, a chocolate banana, was really good.  Well I'm telling you I didn't get five sips into it before I was in the bathroom sick.  Now I have a barely drunk milk shake in my freezer which I may or may not ever touch again.  Chemo ruins the good stuff.  The worst part was it suddenly started storming while we were there and waited until it cleared.  A good thirty minutes.  I could barely hold myself up.  I could barely focus on anything anyone was saying.  All I could think was:  BED NOW!

After the ride home, I was literally in bed less then five minutes after stepping inside my house.  I woke up so much better.  Praise GOD!!  I have to learn to stay on top of my nausea and other side effects.  I had gotten out of the habit of taking nausea meds in my regimen and it has just been as needed but starting today, they are back in my regimen.  I had a vomiting type of week last week so it's best to be on top of it instead of chasing it with meds.  It's been frustrating to say the least.  

CHEMO BRAIN ATTACK!!!

I forget where I'm going with all this and what I was going to say next and all of everything.  So that is all for today!

xo 

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment