Saturday, August 8, 2015

setback

It sure has been a busy summer this year.  Madisyn has been busy with a couple camps, a visit to Miami to see Casey, Panthrobotics, and being a social butterfly.  I have been busy with Texas.  


Not completely meaning to sound all ominous and depressing but I guess that's the way it sounds coming from me.  It started in June.  We scheduled my yearly cervical cancer check and made it our "vacation".  Pretty much, every year I have an appointment or two, during the summer, at M.D. Anderson's.  We normally try and find a way to make them our vacations.  Whether it's going to the pool at my aunt and uncle's, going to the movies, museums, visit friends and family, some way they are vacations.  They kind of have to be or I'd have to say, we haven't had a vacation in eight years.  

So like I said we started in June.  Plan was, visit my aunt and uncle, have my appointment, visit my brother and sister in law, all the while trying to do fun stuff.  Museums were scheduled, movies were scheduled, and I planned for us to stop at Galveston Beach on the way home.  First, a last minute meeting for Madisyn's Panthrobotics was going to make the Galveston Beach trip impossible.  We would have to rush home instead of enjoying the trip home with stops.  So that made me grumpy.  I miss the beach.  It may not be Destin, or the Caribbean, but it's a beach.  I haven't been to one of those in many years.  Well suddenly there was a tropical storm warning or something to that extent.  Worried that the roads would flood like they had recently done and we would be stuck in Texas, with Madisyn missing her meeting, and my mom was just ready to go, we rescheduled my appointment and zoomed home.  Of course no flooding happened, it was all for neigh.  But whatever, it gave me an excuse to go back.

So we went back in July.  Madisyn decided she wanted to stay home because some kind of "con" was in New Orleans and she HAD to go to it.  So it wasn't going to be a vacation for us.  Just me.  I have no idea how to do that anymore so I ended up hanging out at my aunt and uncles and then my brothers and sister in law's and that was that.  I had my appointment, and headed home.  Very relaxing, I got to spend time with my brother's sons, who are both under the age of two.  So very cute.  The youngest six months maybe.  Five months then, I think.  

I got the results back and I'm cleared for another year!  So exciting for me!  The last thing I want is another cancer.  Well that and almost anything else.  Cheers!

Then this past week we had Operation Blessing from the 700 Club come and do a story on us.  It was quite an experience.  We did almost 15 different scenes (yep that's me acting).  It was a mixture of so much fun and so tired at the same time.  Everything makes me tired so, that wasn't really a big surprise.  I got to meet some amazing new people who came from Operation Blessing.  They were all fantastic.  Maybe one day I will go into it more but for now, that's all I have the energy to say.  It will air sometime at the end of September during their fundraising time.

The main point of this blog that I'm writing today is to tell you guys that the treatment I have been on hasn't been working.  I head back to Texas this week for an appointment Friday to discuss what treatment options I have left.  Fortunately I had Operation Blessing here this week so I had no time to dwell on the negativity of this situation and just have known I will deal with the outcome this week.  I pretty much, already knew it wasn't working.  I have been in alot of pain where a couple of my tumors are and so I knew they were growing and pressing on areas that they weren't before.  So it wasn't that much of a surprise, really, not at all.  It's a setback, yes, but one I'm used to and can handle.  You wouldn't think it, but you kind of get used to bad news when you hear it enough.  You become numb to the feelings involved.  I really just let God deal with those, I don't have the time or energy for them.  

Well thanks for reading!  I'm so tired, so good night.

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment