Friday, September 25, 2015

pneumonia, navelbine, neupogen

Hi!  So I sit here wanting to write a blog post but with nothing I really can think of to say, you guys know me, I'm sure I'll talk your ears off.  Or eyes.

A little bit about the past few weeks.  First off I began Navelbine, which I know I already told you about.  I had my second treatment on Sept 8th and started to think this chemo was really kicking my ass.  I was slow as can be, tired, my body hurt everywhere, my oxygen was lower than normal, my temp higher than normal, and just totally out of it.  Two days later on the 10th I went to my Internal Medicine doctor for a "well" check and asked to be checked for pneumonia.  I was like, it's either this chemo that's going to kick my behind or I have pneumonia again.  Well he checked for pneumonia and a few other things.  Sure enough I had pneumonia again.  We caught it early, thank God.  If I had let that go any more I don't know how I would have made it.  I was pretty much confined to the couch.  My body aches were so bad I could barely walk, I would take a bath with epsom salt and feel better, enough to go to bed.

So, Tuesday, the 15th, I went in for treatment but my white blood cell count was low.  To low to have chemo.  Low enough that I was to come back everyday and get a shot called Neupogen.  The Neupogen side effects had me laid out on the couch again, internally screaming in pain.  Then on Wednesday, I ran a high fever that night.  I know the protocol, which is take Tylenol (for me at least, my kidney's can't take ibuprofen), and make an appointment for the doctor in the morning.  So I waited until my already scheduled appointment the next day, called early, told them what happened so along with the shot I was getting blood work done.  Worried that it may have something to do with the pneumonia my oncologist sent me to my internal medicine doctor and it wasn't the pneumonia but with all my symptoms combined they wanted me in the ER.

I rush home and start packing.  I bring an ungodly amount of things with me to the ER in fear that I may be stuck there for weeks on end again.  It's like I'm moving in.  My mom couldn't bring me to the hospital so I called my friend, Trisha, who being awesome, dropped everything and brought me to the hospital.  Thanks Trisha!  By the time I got there I was running fever again and my counts had gone all funky.  So they sent me to my own room and started two iv's in me and got fluids and antibiotics running through me as fast as they can.  For two days I stayed in there, receiving fluids and antibiotics, and left there Saturday, with a script for more antibiotics.

Unfortunately when I left the hospital something had changed.  My legs were killing me.  They still are.  I wonder if it's from being in the hospital and not getting up much but it started while I was in the hospital, I just didn't know the extent of it until I got home and needed to go upstairs.  I have to take one stair at a time going up or down.  My legs are so painful.  So when my landlord came to me with the option to move into one of the one floor apartments I jumped on it.  It took me a couple days to realize that this leg problem isn't going away just yet and I need a one story!  I'm so excited.  I move November 1st and can't wait for that day.  So if you are free November 1st, I need help moving!  I know it's the most fun ever, but I'd really appreciate it completely.

So that brings us to now.  Last night I went to the most beautiful fundraiser.  It was called Bust for Breast Cancer.  Different artists designed different bra's.  They were so creative!  There was even one that had a red cape and the two cups were made into wolf heads.  I loved it!  I went with a friend whose daughter won a spot to design and decorate a bra.  Just so you know, it's a long waitlist for people wanting to participate in this show, and she got in!  We were so proud of her.  Her bra was so sweet with flowers and hand crafted bee's, just the sweetest thing.  I had to be in a wheelchair but I still had a blast.  Madisyn really enjoyed herself and I ran into some great people I hadn't seen in a long time.  Plus I sported my brand new pink wig and everything.  Thanks Shannon for bringing us!  You have no idea how much I appreciate it!!

That's about it for now.  I appreciate you, my readers, thanks for taking time to read my nonsense.

shannon
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment