Thursday, September 3, 2015

chemo time

August was a long month for me.  I was literally watching the calendar, waiting for September to get here.  We had that trip to Houston that I talked about in my last blog.  I did have the ultrasound guided biopsy to check on it's responsiveness to estrogen therapy.  It wasn't a bad procedure.  I've had enough of them now, I just kind of sleep through it.  Turns out though, it has a very low percentage of estrogen receptiveness.  It's changed from a pretty high percentage, in the beginning, to this now. Which apparently it does that sometimes.  So  my brother wanted to see what tumors looked like so I had them give me a copy of the ultrasound and then videoed it for him to see on youtube.  In case you are interested here is a video of my tumors.


Because of the low percentage we have opted for chemo.  It's called Navelbine and I started it Tuesday of this week (Sept 1).  It really hasn't been bad.  I was exhausted after chemo on Tuesday.  Fell asleep for four hours and then went to bed at an earlier time then normal.  But seriously, fatigue I can handle.  Who knows, I could have just been tired from the day before and the weekend.  I had a busy weekend, fun, yet busy.
With my Single Mom's group we went to see the movie "War Room".  Such an amazing flick.  As long as your Christian, I mean I assume, because it's about Christianity.  We ran into quite a few other groups from church.  I also attended the kickoff party for a group at my church called "Pure Intentions".  It was fun, good food, good peeps, good discussions.  Monday, with my SurviveDat girls, we went out to eat and to the movies.  Another great time.  I saw "No Escape".  I really liked that film too.  It wasn't horror, just suspenseful.  Edge of your seat, suspenseful.  That one is about a family who moves to somewhere in Asia right as rebels take over the government and start massacring Americans and people from the company the dad works for.  The family is on the run for their lives with a bunch of "almosts".  Almost dying, almost getting caught, almost being blown up.  Like I said, a bunch of "almosts".  But I liked it.  So what I was getting to was it may not have even been the chemo making me tired.  Normally it is the chemo making me tired like that on chemo day, but I'll find out next week which it was.


So, I was fatigued on Tuesday, still managed to babysit one of the cutest babies ever, Calvin, my nephew.
Erin Guedry Photograpy, LLC

He will be a year this month.  Go Cal!  As soon as he left I hit the hay, for the second time that day.  Then Wednesday I was zombified.  I barely had energy to walk up and down the stairs in my place.  I stayed under blankets on the couch watching who knows what on tv.  Later I realized I was running a slight fever, so that was probably the culprit there.  Today I had enough energy to shower (YAY!!!), just haven't been able to get the energy to do the dishes, or clean the house like I want to.  Today I am keeping an eye on my temperature.  Still kind of tired too.  But all in all I am doing good and am satisfied with this chemo so far.

shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment