Thursday, January 7, 2016

Bring It!

Oh where do I start.  Recently I began to have seizures again.  It's been many many years since I have enjoyed the company of these things.  Turns out they weren't seizures but me blacking out while shaking at the same time.  No sign of epileptic activity, thank God.

It all started in October.  I had just moved into a new apartment and I was in the middle of unpacking one day, a friend over helping me, when suddenly I fell out while my body moved uncontrollably.  Freaked my friend out for sure.  But we continued on with unpacking.  I made an appointment with my neurologist and moved on.

I continued to have these "episodes" and after doing a brain MRI, it showed nothing out of the usual.  Praise God again.

I went in for chemo the following Tuesday to find my iron was low and my kidneys were out of whack.  So for the next few days I went in for fluids and iron and was given a shot to increase my red blood cell count.  We hoped this would work, because I was on my way out of town that weekend, to Texas.  So, off to Texas we went.  We went a little early to spend time with my nephews, so by Wednesday when I was to see my doctor, I was really wore out.  Turned out I was in kidney failure again and I needed two pints of blood.  They admitted me for a couple days and I started feeling much better.  Turns out the anemia was causing all the havoc on and in my body.  Since the transfusion I haven't had one "episode".  Due to lack of oxygen in my blood caused by the anemia, is their educated guess on why I was having those episodes.  Super glad they stopped.  I was out and home by Thanksgiving.

Ever since the transfusion my bloodwork has been normal!  I pray it stays this way and I don't have to undergo another transfusion.  They said to expect more.

We had good holidays this year, blessed to have someone sponsor us for Christmas.  Plus I was given a blessing by The Life of a Single Mom that helped me through the holidays.  They are such an amazing organization.

God really saw that we were taken care of this year.  It may have been an up and down year, healthwise, but I remain firmly planted in the beliefs that God will provide all we need.  And he has.

We struggle from time to time but we find our footing and keep our heads held high.

Madisyn had a wonderful year.  She discovered her Panthrobotics team and loves it to death.  Speaking of, if any of you are interested in sponsoring through donations to her team, she needs some sponsors.  Email me at shannoncmcalister@gmail.com.

I guess I should mention, I had two biopsies done today.  On my skin.  Most probably a rash caused by my treatment.  But there are a couple stitches in my arm and on my cheek.  For some reason I wasn't expecting the stitching but oh well.  You deal with what you gotta deal with.  They don't hurt, just kinda itch.

Well here's to another great year!  Bring it 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment