Sunday, January 1, 2017

bad news on the tumor front

Happy New Year!  Bye bye 2016 Hello 2017!

I don't have much to talk about.  I leave tomorrow for Houston.  I am ready for this to start and I am ready to not have to do this.  Catch 22.  Want to live, don't want to do the treatment for it.  What's a girl to do but do the treatment.  I will miss Madisyn and I hate leaving her but I know she is in good hands.  She has Casey, my dad, my sisters and brothers in law, Casey's girlfriend, all looking out for her while I am gone.  So I don't need to worry.  Although there is no part of me not worrying. 

Good news on the place to stay situation!  We found a place in Houston in the Museum District, strictly for young adults ages 18-39 that lets you stay for free!  Kind of like a bed and breakfast type place.  It is called Dan's House of Hope.  So excited that they had an opening!  No need to stay at my brother's house in Cypress and make that drive all the time.  Just ten minutes from the hospital depending on traffic.  Excitement! God is taking care of all the little details.

Bad news on the tumor front.  I had another PET scan and the results came back, the tumor on my hip is bigger and brighter.  Makes sense because I have started to feel it, to the point where I had trouble walking when it got cold.  I have been walking two miles a day and suddenly I could barely make it inside from the porch outside.  No fun.  I am scared I will end up back in a wheelchair for this.  I'm worried that I may need to bring the wheelchair and there is no room in the car for it.  So much stuff has my anxiety out of control.  Debilitating almost. 

Good news is my lung tumors are stable since November 9th.  They haven't grown since the last scan and I have been off treatment for this month and a half, almost two months.  So I am happy about that. 

Told you I didn't have much to say. 

Lots of Love,

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment