Thursday, January 5, 2017

Immunostorm

Monday me and mom headed off to Houston.  I said my goodbye to Madisyn bright and early at
6 a.m.  It was bittersweet.  We have talked everyday since.  I miss her everyday.  I miss home. 

But in brighter news the place we are staying at is wonderful.  I only have spent one night there so far but it was great.  Mom seems to like it too. 

I guess what I need to talk about is the treatment I started yesterday.  I started the treatment and finished it with no problems.  But soon after I started shaking uncontrollably.  They put tons of warm blankets on me, gave me some meds and it calmed down.  Then as soon as that wore off it started all over again.  Then they gave me some Tylenol and after that dose they went away.  Because of the way my body was shaking I was in a lot of pain from a stiffness in my back and my tumor in my hip, and my shoulders always are in pain, one side from a tumor, the other who knows.  So I was given meds for the pain.  Then I was given my regular meds.  All this happened over a couple hours.  So fast forward a little bit and they come and check my temp, o2 level, and blood pressure and everything is off.  I have a temp, lower o2 level, and low blood pressure.  I was immediately put on oxygen and my bed lowered to where my head is towards the ground to get blood rushing to my brain.  I was given a steroid and a rush of fluids, on top of the fluids I was already receiving because of low magnesium.  So much happened all at once and over a long period of time I can't even describe it.  The room was full with people and I couldn't keep up with what all was going on.  But good news is eventually fever went down, and blood pressure went up.

It could be what's called an Immunostorm (the blood pressure problem) or it could have been a result of the meds that were given to me.  The fever most likely was the Immunostorm.  There were no infections found in any of the cultures taken.  What this means for the rest of my treatment period, I'm not sure completely.  I know next week I will have to be admitted again for treatment (was supposed to be outpatient) and given pre meds.  Hopefully this will stop this from happening again.  Oh but yesterday was a long, long day.

Today has been boring long.  I was supposed to be released today but because of the situation last night they are keeping me for observation.  I have done nothing but eat, sleep, and watch TV. 

I have had visitors though and that makes me happy!  My aunt and uncle came, but at a bad time. Right after I had the shakes and right before I had them again.  So I was a little out of it.  I had two ladies from an online support group for metastatic breast cancer come yesterday and another today.  It's been great!

Well that's about it for now, I will try to keep you posted, on here, on facebook, or by friends.  Oh yeah my friend set up a gofundme account for this trip to Houston, so we can go back and forth to visit Madisyn, food, etc,  It's https://www.gofundme.com/shannons-supporters
xoxoxo.

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment